Unified Carrier Registration

Motor carriers involved in interstate commerce may be subject to Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) and required to submit annual fees based on fleet size. The fee is used to supplement funding for state highway motor carrier registration and safety programs.

Who needs a UCR?

  • Carriers that have an authority for hire


  • Private property carriers

Use this tool provided by UCR.gov to help decide if you are required to register with the UCR program.

How do I register?

Carriers who fit the criteria noted above are required to register annually. You can register on your own directly on the ucr.gov website.

If you need help completing the form, visit https://portal.foleyservices.com/estore/ProductInfo/FS-E-01313.aspx, and Foley can help you out.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful